The purpose of the Code is to ensure that all of those people associated with Wappingers Warriors Youth Lacrosse treat each other with dignity and respect. The Code of Conduct is a condition of membership for all players, parents and coaches. All members of WWYL agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and to be subjected to the consequences of violating the Code. It is understood that by enrolling into the WWYL program that players, parents and coaches are all bound by this Code of Conduct and its validity is hereby a matter of record and is not dependent upon physical signature. All enforcement decisions made by the officials of WWYL are final and are not subject to review. No refunds will be granted to those players dismissed from the club for violating the Code of Conduct.
WWYL CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices. You are role models!
2. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials. Respect the coaches, who are volunteers.
4. Do not coach your child. Let players play and Coaches coach and support both positively.
5. Do not EVER criticize other players irregardless of the circumstance.
6. Follow the "24 Hour Rule"; if you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice) situation, speak with the coach on the following day.
7. If there is a serious problem, notify either the President or a Vice-President of WWYL.
8. Emphasize the FUN of the game and the team, putting forth effort at all times, not wins and losses.
9. Pick up your child when the event (practice/game) is over. If you are late immediately notify your child's Head Coach that you are running late. If this becomes a problem the Board will take measures to rectify the situation. Coaches are not baby sitters.
10. Pick up after your child whether its his equipment, water bottles or garbage.
1. Respect your teammates, coaches, referees and opponents at all times.
2. Give 100% effort at each practice and game.
3. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse and abide by them.
4. Support and encourage your teammates. Set a positive example.
5. Wear the required equipment at all games and practices, and keep your equipment well maintained. Pick up all your equipment and garbage after each game & practice.ã€€
6. Display good sportsmanship at all times on and off the field.
7. Don't be afraid to make a mistake, that's part of learning.
8. Learn from your coaches; practice hard; play smart; Have Fun!
9. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. A coach is a role model, who must act with the highest moral character possible.
2. Coaches must reinforce the self image of each player. A coach must be positive and constructive.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials.
4. Teach the rules of lacrosse. Abide by those rules in practices and games.
5. Establish objectives for the team and players and inform them of team and individual goals.
6. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices.
7. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
Coaches - are to play their players evenly over the course of the season, but not necessarily for each and every game. Our Game schedule is based on team strength and ages, but sometimes our team will be over matched from the start or we may be the much stronger team. In either case the coaches will use their discretion to keep the game safe for all players from both teams, and treat players from both teams with respect and concern. Most importantly the Coaches will give our players a fun and safe environment to develop their lacrosse skills. Coaches should not and will not focus the games on one individual player. Lacrosse is a team sport and we will promote it as such.
1. Any conduct, including abusive language and/or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, damage to property or belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself or WWYL is deemed to be unacceptable and will not be tolerated. This rule applies to all players, parents, siblings and guests at all times when in or around games or practices as a member of WWYL. No Alcoholic beverages allowed on the Town Of East Fishkill property.
2. While you are away at tournaments, jamborees or games you represent the Wappingers Warriors Youth Lacrosse Program. Any conduct such as shoplifting, destruction of property, consumption of drugs or alcohol, or any other illegal activity will not be tolerated.
3. The Board of Directors of WWYL will deal with unacceptable conduct at its sole discretion, imposing warnings, suspension or expulsion, as it deems appropriate. ANY SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION BASED ON VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY A TUITION REFUND.